The General Assembly is the supreme governing body of ILS-Africa. It is composed of the representatives from African Full Member Federations that are present or represented. Associate, Corresponding and Affiliate Members may participate at the General Assembly but have no voting rights. The General Assembly is fully empowered as set out in the ILS-Africa Constitution and Bye-Laws.
The General Assembly is empowered to:
- Approve and modify the Constitution (Statutes).
- Elect and dismiss the President, Secretary General, Board Members and Financial Auditors.
- Approve the accounts and accept budgets.
- Exonerate or discharge from responsibility the Board of Directors and the Financial Auditors.
- Voluntarily dissolve the ILS-Africa.
- Adopt programmes of activities.
- Decide upon proposals submitted by the Board of Directors and the Full Members.
- Decide on all other cases foreseen in the Statutes.